20 June 2011 § 5 Comments
I still love you my vegetarian and vegan friends, please don’t be mad at me, there will be more pulse recipes to follow I promise. This beauty did have a good life in a beautiful pasture upstate NY – no antibiotics and a grass-fed diet (oh the irony). And King Marv did really enjoy his Father’s Day treat.
Here’s how to grill the perfect steak:
- Bring steak to room temperature.
- Place on a medium hot grill, angle the bone so it is pointing to “2 o’clock.”
- Grill for 3 minutes, then lift and point the bone to “10 o’clock” (don’t turn the steak over – this is the same side and this is what gives you lovely gridded grill marks.) Leave at “10 o’clock” for another 3 minutes.
- Now turn the steak over for a chance to see the seared grill marks and to start cooking the other side! If you want rare grill the second side for 3 minutes, medium-rare for 4 minutes, and for medium 5 minutes.
- After your desired cooking time, remove the steaks and place on a nice clean plate (grill marks up!). Season with a little salt and pepper and add a knob of butter. Cover with aluminum foil and leave for at least 4 minutes to rest and to allow the juices to settle.
- You should have already opened the red wine by now, so pour another glass and enjoy.